Photo by Kimberly Williams
On Thursday, February 19, ten Sewanee seniors were initiated into Phi Beta Kappa, joining the seven members of the Class of 2015 who were initiated in the fall. The initiation in University Archives was followed by a reception at Chen Hall with the other members of the chapter.
Election to Phi Beta Kappa is a prized honor for college students to receive. Students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence become eligible for election after completing at least five consecutive semesters. Congratulations to Sewanee’s newest members:
- Andrew Michael Domingoes, from St. Augustine, Florida
- David Henry Evans, Oak Ridge, Tennessee
- Sarah Elizabeth Fleming, St. Petersburg, Florida
- Megan Claire Hall, Antioch, Tennessee
- Allison Lesley Horick, Nashville, Tennessee
- Yue Liu, Suzhou, China
- Brandon Edward Miller, Normandy, Tennessee
- Katherine Elizabeth Ochs, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Frank King Odom III, Oxford, Mississippi
- Mary Elizabeth Oglesby, Franklin, Tennessee
Members of the class of 2015 who were previously initiated are as follows: Chase Benson Brantley, Kiela Aileen Crabtree, Brian Barrett Glatt, Bronte Marie Goodhue, Callie Ashton Oldfield, Charlotte Whitcomb Salley, and Kelsa Anne Warner.